To carry out the day-to-day duties to maintain the core project accounting records for all companies in the Red Penguin Marine Group in accordance with Company procedures.
National Maritime Systems Centre, Portsdown Technology Park, Southwick Road, Portsmouth, Hampshire PO6 3RU (Hybrid)
- Maintain and manage supplier account records for Associates and Client Reps, including payment terms and VAT status.
- Review and sign off timesheets and expenses for Associates/Client Reps/Staff.
- Liaise with the Operations team to ensure that Terms & Conditions for Associates and Client Reps are vetted prior to issue, and that non-standard Terms & Conditions and Schedules are brought to the attention of and approved by a director before issue.
- Manage and resolve invoice disputes/errors.
- Maintain close liaison with Project Managers to ensure the timely delivery and approval of Associates’ and Client Reps’ timesheets, expenses and invoices, and understand clients’ requirements.
- Ensure the timely posting and production of invoices for Associates and Client Reps.
- Support the monthly processing of invoices and delivery of billing activity as directed by the Finance Officer.
- Post all necessary accruals/pre-payments relating to invoices for Associates and Client Reps.
- Maintain and manage account records for clients, including payment terms and VAT status.
- Produce, and post, sales ledger invoices and relevant supporting documentation in a timely manner.
- Submit invoices to clients with necessary documentation, in accordance with contractual Terms & Conditions.
- Post all sales ledger income accruals/pre-payments.
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly, including the proactive management of aged debt.
- Liaise with the Commercial team to ensure that the Project Control Document is completed with all information necessary to enable invoicing.
- Attend Project Handover and Project Close Out meetings.
- Support the Finance Officer to ensure that all project related financial records are up to date and available to feed into the management accounts and reports, as required.
- Work closely with the Finance team to ensure the effective and timely delivery of finance activities.
- Support the production of the annual budget and forecasts.
- Provide cover for Finance team members during periods of absence.
- Support the transition of finance processes to Access.
- Other tasks within the requirements of the role, as may be required from time to time.
Monday 12 February (Interview Date: Wednesday 14 February)
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to Eleanor Lincoln at email@example.com