To provide support and assistance to the Projects team in order to deliver project objectives and/or services on time, to quality and within allocated budgetary constraints.
To assist the Operations and Commercial teams, and the wider business, with a variety of supporting activities.
National Maritime Systems Centre, Portsdown Technology Park, Southwick Road, Portsmouth, Hampshire PO6 3RU
- Provide support and assistance to ensure the successful management, progression and delivery of projects and business operations.
- Understand and work within the parameters of the Company’s Project Management Manual, ensuring the correct application of standards and best practice always.
- Carry out the role of Project Manager in accordance with the Company’s internal systems.
- Assist the Bid Manager in pursuance of leads, bid preparation and follow up.
- Work collaboratively with the Operations and Finance teams on project support activities.
- Maintain strong lines of communication with clients, providing regular progress updates in line with client expectations.
- Ensure timely provision of technical documentation and administrative papers in support of the role.
- Assist in the preparation of, and contribute to, reporting to support Monthly Management Meetings, Board Meetings and ad hoc meetings.
- Conduct research using a variety of techniques and search methods, producing and summarising outcomes and recommendations as appropriate.
- Conduct the services required by the role in keeping with approved budgetary boundaries.
- Participate in project audits and associated QHSE activities.
- Access, manipulate and manage data to develop GIS outputs.
An effective communicator, you will have strong organisation skills and good time management. The work will be varied and interesting, with plans, priorities and deadlines often changing at short notice, so a flexible approach is essential. An analytical problem solver, you will display initiative and an inquisitive mindset. Your motivated, enthusiastic approach with a ‘can do’ attitude will serve you well. With an eye for accuracy and attention to detail, you will also be a strong team player.
Mathematics and English GCSE 9-4 (A*-C) or Functional Skills Level 2 are required for entry on the Apprenticeship programme.